The Nutrition Services department is made up of a team of food and nutrition professionals that are dedicated to students' health, well being and their ability to learn. We support learning by promoting healthy habits for lifelong nutrition and fitness practices.
Good nutrition and learning go hand in hand.
Meals, foods and beverages sold or served at schools meet state and federal requirements.
We provide students with access to a variety of affordable and appealing foods that meet the health and nutrition needs of students.
Each school site kitchen has a staff member that has been certified through the state approved Serv Safe program, which instructs participants on how to properly store, prepare, and serve foods.
- Food thermometers are tested and calibrated on a regular basis, frequent temperature readings are taken during production for foods being cooked, held, and served.
- Critical Control Points are monitored for proper internal temperatures during cooking and holding periods.
- Cold Foods are held at 40°F or below
- Hot Foods are cooked to an internal temperature of at least 165°F
- Hot Foods are held at 135°F or above
- Staff is instructed on proper procedures for Hand washing and the use of disposable gloves during food production and service.
- Surfaces and utensils are sanitized before use.
- Each serving site is inspected by the county health department.
- Refrigerators and freezers are monitored daily and temperatures are logged to insure proper temperatures for storage.